Just a list of things to look out for
25.8.08 - 11.11.08
1. There's shit on the sidewalk (and you can smell human piss)... because all the Bourgeois can't be bothered to pick up after their cute little dogs.
2. Couples are making out and groping each other in very public places; most notably on the tram.
3. Cars are parked on the sidewalk.
4. You're at Auchan on a monday and you have to fight an old lady for green beans.
5. You have to wait 20 minutes in line to pay at Auchan.
6. It starts raining from one minute to the next, unexpectedly.
7. When you see a group of guys with the same hairstyle.
8. When you're on the tram for at least two hours on a school day.
9. People articulate. I guess this would be the French, "southern" accent.
10. When they call chocolate croissants "chocolatine" and NOT "pain au chocolat"
11. When a large part of the population are immigrants or international students.
12. When there's an obstruction on the tramway and you're re-directed to a bus.
13. That obstruction is usually a mob of protesters. Bordelais will protest anything.
I'll keep adding to this as I think of more...